Tom Bolt & Associates, P.C. and its attorneys value the privacy of their clients and the VIRGIN ISLANDS LAW BLOG site viewers. Any of the following personal information that may be made available to the lawyer or the firm when browsing or navigating the site shall be kept confidential:
- First and last name
- Company, home, postal or other physical address
- Other contact information, for example, telephone number, fax number, email address, and other similar information
- Title or position in a company or an organization
- Personal interests
- Any other information needed to provide a service you may request
Examples of scenarios where our visitors provide their personal information include, but may not be limited, to:
- Emailing, calling or communicating with Tom Bolt & Associates, P.C., its lawyers or staff.
- Posting a question or comment through VIRGIN ISLANDS LAW BLOG.
- Requesting literature.
- Registering to attend a seminar or any event.
- Participating in an online survey.
- Requesting inclusion in an email or other mailing list including a Tom Bolt & Associates, P.C. Legal Alert.
- Submitting an entry for a contest or other promotions.
- Logging in to VIRGIN ISLANDS LAW BLOG, thus requiring a user name or a password.
- Any other business-related reason.
Tom Bolt & Associates, P.C. and its attorneys provide you the opportunity to agree or decline to give your personal information via the Internet. The lawyer or firm will inform you of the purpose for the collection and does not intend to transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except under the limited conditions described under the discussion entitled “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below. If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we may transfer that information, within the law firm or to a third party service provider as necessary.
Domain Information Collection
Tom Bolt & Associates, P.C., its attorneys and staff, may collect domain information to enable us to analyze how our visitors use this site. This data enables us to become more familiar with which people visit VIRGIN ISLANDS LAW BLOG, how often they visit, and what parts of the site they visit most often. We use this information to improve our Web-based offerings. This information is collected automatically and requires no action on your part.
Some pages on this site may use “cookies”—small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID to track the pages visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. These files are used for site registration and customization the next time you visit us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your personal information is never shared outside Tom Bolt & Associates, P.C. without your permission, except under conditions listed below:
- Consenting to share your information to a third party service provider working on our behalf to serve you.
- Requiring us to provide you with a product or service.
We will also disclose your personal information, if required to do so by law, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our sites.
Tom Bolt & Associates, P.C. and its attorneys strive to protect your personal information; however, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Children under 13 years old are not the target audience for VIRGIN ISLANDS LAW BLOG or our website. To protect their privacy, we prohibit the solicitation by any attorney or staff of personal information from these children.
Links to Third Party Sites
VIRGIN ISLANDS LAW BLOG also contains links to other sites. Tom Bolt & Associates and its attorneys do not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Tom Bolt & Associates, P.C. and its attorneys reserve the right to change, modify or update this policy at any time without notice. Any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information will be posted on this site.